Asia. Veteran Public Relations consultant, John Mullins has returned to Ruder Finn Asia after a break of two years. He again takes up the role of Chief Development Officer, responsible for people development across the region. Reporting to Jean-Michel Dumont, Ruder Finn Asia Chairman, John’s role will include regional training and development. He will also work with the regional senior management team to support development and implementation of a regional HR strategy.
“John has unique experience in talent development across Asia Pacific. He already made a tremendous contribution to our culture and people the first time around, and I am confident that his return will consolidate our position as the best consultancy to work for,” Jean-Michel Dumont, Chairman of Ruder Finn Asia, said.
John Mullins, said: “It is great to be back at such a progressive consultancy as Ruder Finn Asia, which has undergone tremendous growth and won numerous industry awards during the two years that I have been away. I am looking forward to contributing to the ongoing development of the firm and our people.”
Ruder Finn Asia has been constantly expanding and strengthening its top management team to further develop and continue its growth in a number of Asian markets.
Since 2011, Ruder Finn Asia has
- Acquired the event management, brand and marketing consultancy Thunder Communications, opening Thunder offices in Guangzhou, Beijing and Hong Kong;
- Established the first office in Delhi, India and subsequently in Mumbai and Bangalore;
- Brought RF Innovation Studios, an award winning digital division in Ruder Finn Inc., to China in 2013;
- Development of new human resource and training systems in China, resulting in higher staff attraction and retention.
- Acquired the Asia-Pacific portfolio of SharpeLankester, an international consultancy specialising in reputation management, crisis communications and investor relations, in 2014;
- Acquired Japan’s Kyodo PR’s China assets in 2015.
These developments, including the return of Cat Graham, Executive Vice President People and Engagement of Ruder Finn Inc., have created a strong global internal communication system and culture building as well as the integration of human resource and personal development systems These are the areas in which John will focus his management skills.
John, a 30-year veteran in the public relations industry in Asia Pacific, has lived and worked in Australia, Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea and Singapore and has held management roles for a number of leading Public Relations companies. With both agency and in-house experience, John has acquired expertise in all aspects of public relations from strategic planning to program implementation, event management and professional writing. John has provided strategic counsel for companies and government entities in a diverse range of industries throughout the Asia Pacific region. He is also an expert in crisis and issues management and an accomplished trainer in media handling skills and crisis preparedness. Prior to joining Ruder Finn Asia, John worked as the Managing Director of Human Resources for Burson-Marsteller Asia Pacific, where he focused largely on talent acquisition and development.